Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream...

I've had the best time the past few weeks creating ice cream concoctions for my cousin who had jaw surgery. Can you imagine not being able to eat solid food for 90 days?? count me out! I went through something similar years ago when I had jaw surgery for TMJ, but I my recovery time was much shorter, even though I had a hell of a lot more swelling, and am darn irrationally jealous of that! As usual I digress
I was saying my cousin is enjoying the ice cream. Plus, she told me the cold from the ice cream is the only thing providing her any relief from the pain. She's a really tough cookie, the backbone of a family of 7 kids. She's the oldest and acted as a second mother to her younger siblings through some very tough times. It has been very hard to see the strongest person in my family so weak and in pain. I am very glad I moved home just in time to be here for her.
I found a few really great books for ice cream recipes. My favorite one is called The Perfect Scoop. The book not only provides recipes but quite a lot of detailed information. I checked it out of the library but I'm going to have to buy my own copy, it's too valuable of a book, information wise, not to if I plan to keep making ice cream, and frozen yogurt. Not to mention there is a recipe in there for some kind of frozen mojito that I think is going to require a girls night with my best friends.

0 comments: