Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dazed and Confused - In the GROCERY STORE

To be totally honest I’m not sure if I should be sharing this with you, or why I am, but I gotta let it out somewhere. I went to the grocery store tonight, my typical Friday night event, grocery list in hand. Remember that, grocery list in hand because it’s important. When suddenly I’m just confused. Confused about what I’m supposed to be doing. I mean in the grocery store, with the grocery list, and totally lost and confused as to what I’m supposed to be doing. I wander around for about half an hour trying to figure it out, panic starting to burble up inside of me like acid reflux.

I decide to call my husband for a rescue, mind you I’m all of a mile from my house and it’s straight down the road. But, my cell phone is in the car charging so I decide to just leave. I paid for the two measly bags worth of stuff I did manage to grab before totally losing my marbles, and maybe a few things during the mental state I can only refer to as extreme stupidity.  I walked out, threw the stuff in the trunk and hesitated for a moment about driving home. But, I was feeling lucid and like I said it’s only a mile straight ahead.

I came home, left the two bags in the trunk. Opened the door to my husband asking me questions and wondering why I’m mad at him for some reason. Babe, not everything is about you. I ignored him and just crawled in bed, pulled the covers over my head and cried.

I know this is what fibrofog is all about, but damn, it doesn’t make me feel any less stupid.

165589_1786644383205_1152407850_2137843_7347903_n

0 comments: