Friday, January 21, 2011

Mystery Continues

I went to a new rheumatologist on Wednesday, Dr. Youngblood. She seems good and bad. Bad because she doesn't believe in fibromyalgia. But, in a good way. I know that makes no sense at all. She believes that there is always an underlying reason and that doctors are too lazy to dig. I hate going to the rheumy. I mean who with fibro doesn't? Getting poked and prodded and asked "does this hurt?" Um just count the "OW"s. Who knew my ribs were so tender? or, my right hip? Apparently, not me. I don't need all my fingers and toes squeezed to see if they hurt, I told you that. Damn, the toes on my right foot still hurt! Actually, I am just finishing my second cold of the season and it's set off a massive flare so everything hurts. Back, shoulders, arms, down to my fingertips aching. Hips aching. Left back (I always say shoulder because it's the area that surrounds the shoulder blade but the doctors keep telling me this is my back not my shoulder) is just throbbing incredibly through to the front and down the left arm.
Back to the doctor. She seems thorough. She ought to, she had both feet, both hands, lower spine and t-spine all x-rayed. I swear it was at least 12 x-rays, plus the blood. Seven vials of blood. With my veins that took a while. Three hours and six prescriptions later. Granted, the prescriptions were all refills of my diabetes, thyroid, blood pressure, muscle relaxers, plus some topical thing. She thinks this is all due to some inflammatory arthritis, possibly lupus, but more likely an inflammatory arthritis. I go back in two weeks for the results. Right now though, I've got to see if a sleeping pill will help, as you know it's near impossible to sleep in this kind of pain.

0 comments: