Monday, July 26, 2010

Finally

I think I may have finally found the doctor for me. I searched for someone who was top of their class and young. Young was important. In my experience older doctors, even those in their mid forties, and up are not the go getters younger doctors are, nor are they necessarily up on current medical. My last doctor was a family practitioner but also a, oh heck what is that word??? a doctor who specializes in senior citizens. The term will come to me eventually. In the meantime, I really like this doctor, she is determined to figure this mess that is my health out. And, she's not assuming everything is linked. Like my shoulder has been giving me problems for wow about 10 years, since before I was diagnosed with fibro.  But, every doctor, and me too, has always assumed the shoulder was part of the fibro.
In the next month she has me seeing a orthopedic doctor, a neurologist, a rheumatologist, a nutritionist, and a psychiatrist. Plus, a physical, and a mammogram. She wants me to have some test also, but I have to see if it will be covered for my insurance. It is the test for the genetic marker of breast cancer.
She did mention lupus, which this is not the first time I've heard a doctor say that word. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I had a few years ago and it was negative. Although, I understand from a few friends who have lupus it is not uncommon to have a negative test and still have lupus. I will have to let her know how sick I get whenever I spend any time in the sun. I rarely do so I hadn't realized how sick it made me. We went to a water park a few years ago, when I worked for Disney we had a work event one evening, it was such a blast! (not that I can do anything other than the lazy river or the shallow end of the wave pool) Anyway, I was in so much pain and fatigued afterwards. Then in the past few weeks I have been to the beach and a pool party. Both times I again got incredibly ill. I googled pain, fatigue, and sun exposure and up popped lupus. Plus I get a rash on my head, and lupus can cause swelling and pain in your joints, the first sign is in the knuckles. I am still not worrying about it. I probably sound like a hypochondriac, it's just a possible answer to this mess, I mean the RA tests are negative, 2 neurologists have said neuropathy, 2 have said not. There has got to be some definitive answers some where!

0 comments: