Sunday, September 12, 2010

can fibromyalgia make you feel crippled?

Blogger or blogspot, has a neat new utility called stats. I can see how many people have read my blog, where they live in the world, even what site they used to get here, what operating system they use, and, if they use a search engine like google, what words were searched to find my blog. Pretty, cool, huh?
My point of course is I was looking at this new plus and discovered a reader had found me through google by researching the words "can fibromyalgia make you feel crippled?". The answer is hell yes. And, if not crippled, certainly a hell of a lot older! If you have fibromyalgia I would be surprised to hear you haven't had a flare that made you feel like you were in the worst car accident of your life; aching, tender, feeling like your entire body is one giant bruise even though there is no discoloration, so stiff you can barely move, can barely keep your eyes open, if you can at all. Exhausted, but unable to sleep due to the pain.
I feel like the editor of the newspaper who wrote to the little girl "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause". Unfortunately then, the answer is "yes, fibromyalgia can make you feel crippled". Luckily, the debilitating flare will subside, it won't last long.

0 comments: