Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Mania, Orthopedist

Yesterday morning I started feeling jittery, like my insides were shaking. I am having the same problem today, and finding it very hard to focus to write anything. Hard to have a trail of thought let alone follow the trail!  I've taken my anxiety medication and am simply waiting for it to kick in. I'm not sure why this is all starting back up so bad. I do know I was pruning the bushes outside at 3 am. Yes, I know my husband thought I was nuts, and the neighbor's probably would of had me baker acted had they seen me. I can rationalize by saying at 3 am it's only 90 degrees, and there is no sun, so no sunburn, or rash. I knew at the time the effect pruning would have on my hands but I still had to do it. This episode did accomplish two things... First, you can walk up the sidewalk to our front door without being attacked, which is always nice. Second, the episode has driven me to finally make an appointment with a psychiatrist which I have been putting off for a few months. Procrastinate, who me?
I also made an appointment with an orthopedist for next Tuesday morning. I told the nurse about the bulging discs in my neck and the pain in my left shoulder down my arm. She said the discs do cause that pain so I think I am headed in the right direction. I asked my Facebook friends for doctor recommendations and someone recommended the Orthopedic Associates of West Florida. I went on their website and read all the doctor profiles. Dr Pigeon's profile reads "Minimally invasive spine and neck surgery, Adult degenerative scoliosis, Adult degenerative disc disease, Spinal fusions." Plus, he takes my insurance, so he was the obvious choice. I see him next Tuesday, and will keep you informed, wish me luck!

0 comments: