Thursday, September 23, 2010

When All Else Fails There's Always Twilight

I caved. I finally made an appointment with the psychiatrist my doctor recommended three months ago. I can't turn off my brain to sleep unless I am exhausted. Other times it's not my brain, I feel like my skin is crawling or I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. I'm up and down 3, 4, 5 times. I will lay in bed with my eyes closed, sleep mask on, snuggled up to my dog (she's a living breathing teddy bear)for hours. Then I get up and watch a half hour, 45 minutes of tv, lay back down. Next time I grab a book and read for a little bit, then try again. Last night while the world slept I vacuumed the air vent for the air conditioning unit, trimmed the cat's claws, sketched two pictures, watched a couple of youtube videos on how to paint flowers, practiced those techniques. I laid down and decided I had to work on my Christmas shopping list. Then, I laid down and decided I needed a better way to keep track of our bills. I tend to forget to pay something and then get a late payment and all of the sudden we are behind, which is what we are doing right now... playing catch up.
Plus, when I'm manic like this the house is a disaster. I'm in creative mode so EVERYTHING else is... well, forget about it. The coffee table in my chick den is covered in water bottles, paints, sketch books, etc.
Another thing, I put on Twilight because it's the one movie I can sleep to. In fact, it puts me to sleep. Something about the background music just lulls me. But, then I put my Twilight on and it blocks out my brain and my fingers start twitching. Now I am up again writing this and watching my soaps. It's 11 am and I'm so exhausted, feel sick from no sleep but wondering if I should just try to stay awake till at least 6 p.m. so maybe I will get turned back around or if I should try to sleep again.

0 comments: