Saturday, September 11, 2010

Still a Medical Mystery

The other day I went to a new orthopedist. One who specializes in the spine and discs. He took more xrays and also looked at my MRI. He said the odd thing is the MRI shows nerve entrapment from the bulging discs in my neck on the right side, so there could be pain there, but there isn't. Yet, on the left side, which is extremely painful... neck to shoulder, back, down arm, elbow, yeah all... there is NO nerve entrapment. Nothing on either the MRI or Xrays to explain the pain. So that's still a mystery, and it's causing carpal tunnel in my left wrist.
You know when you go to the doctor and you fill out all that paperwork you have to list what is wrong with you? IE diabetes, fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, MYSTERY UNDIAGNOSED HAND AILMENT :). Yes, that is what I wrote on the form.
So, I wait. 6 or 7 weeks then I see my new rheumatologist. In the meantime, I am really looking forward to starting this aqua exercise class at the rec center by my house. Unfortunately it only goes through Sept 30th. But maybe after I will start their tai chi class. As with anything either class will require me to take it EXTREMELY SLOW. Heck, by the time I am able to complete the entire aqua class it will be over. Oh well, at least it's a start!

0 comments: