Thursday, August 13, 2009

been a while... time to rant and rave!!

Sorry it's been so long guys!! Hubby started his new job about a month ago and that is going fine, he likes it BUT what kind of job do you have to wait a year for health insurance?? And, they charge $85 a week for this limited insurance plan that I don't understand at all. From what I've been told it's called Key Benefits Administrators. The paperwork I have gotten shows they pay $90 towards whatever your doctor charges, only 6 visits a year, and no real prescription plan. I did manage to sign up for the plan at the grocery store pharmacy so I can get my metformin and synthroid for only $10 each.... 90 day supply. I have paperwork to fill out with a few different drug companies... one to get cymbalta for free and the other to get neurontin and xanax for free also. I have been out of all my meds except my synthroid, and xanaflex and I feel like I am slowly and painfully dying.
One of my best friend's husbands found out a few months ago he is type 2 diabetic. He has been very good about checking his blood sugar, taking his metformin, and his diet. Except the diet part now. My bff is so worried about him because he acts like now that his blood sugar being medicated and "under control" he can eat what ever he wants. THIS IS SO NOT TRUE!! I know because I did the same exact thing. Now I have this burning, painful neuropathy. Neuropathy is caused by the low and high spikes. So let's say my BFF#2's husband sneaks out for the new McDonald's angus burger and fries after she goes to bed, this is going to cause your blood sugar to spike high, then spike low. My friend works a job that requires only good manual dexterity. What's going to happen when the neuropathy in your legs becomes in your hands? And they are swollen and painful all the time and you can't do that anymore??? Please please learn something from my mistakes!! I would call and yell at him myself, but I'm afraid he'd just yell at his wife. She's worried, we've been best friends for a long time and she has seen me go from being incredibly active to housebound in a matter of 2 years, she doesn't want the same for him.

0 comments: