Monday, August 31, 2009

Social Security Crisis due to fakers

Normally I wouldn't post again right away because my hands just can't take it, but right now I am fired up, ticked off, and know I am going to suffer later but it may be worth it just this once.......
I found this article on allvoices.com, a news media website, where anyone can post "news" articles. And, yes most of it is news or informative. BUT this person .... ok just read...

"The disability cheaters use this loophole with preferred "conditions'
that come under the description of 'Chronic Fatigue syndrome',
Fibromyalgia syndrome, 'mental blackouts' and even being "morbidly
obese". All of which supposedly make it impossible for you to sustain
a full time employment in a typical workplace enviroment.
Fibromyalgia is muscle pain and discomfort that affects about
half the population over fifty years old. Its mainly due to abuse
of certain movements, lack of total physical fitness exercise, and general
lack of adequate diet and lifestyle maintenance. Another more truthful
term for it is Laziness. The treatment for this, if you really have it
severely enough to where you are constantly grunting and groaning, and
taking pain killers, and complaining and sitting down a lot, is to simply get a life and off your lazy ass and start getting back in physical shape!
But the scammers who use the Fibromyalgia trick simply stay out of
shape intentionally because then your muscles do get 'sore' and atrophy, due to lack of circulation and exercise, so your 'act' is based on some actual basis. Fibromyalgia is a popular disability excuse because it is hard, if not impossible to prove you't don't have it because it exists naturally if you don't take care of yourself.

Thats why this would be an easy disability to eliminate and disqualify
for social security because it is so treatable and curable even if you really do have it."


This is my very nice, polite response (not all the four letter words I wanted to use)...

Obviously you do not know anyone who really has fibromyalgia. I have had fibromyalgia since I was a child. Granted, I was fortunate enough to be able to be active, work full time while working on my masters degree and even have an active social life. However, this is not the case for everyone and the people that I have known who have had the hardest time with fibromylagia are NOT overweight, are actually thin, women AND men. Unfortunately for me my life became complicated with peripheral neuropathy and I can no longer work, but trust me, I had a job I loved with a company that I loved, and a future that looked bright. If you knew the pain of just the thin people I know who have fibromyalgia for just one day you would know why they are "lazy". It's not a choice of being lazy. It's a fact of for me, I used to be able to do 20 laps in a pool to now not being able to move for 3 days after 2 laps. It's a matter of feeling like your body is one giant bruise, you do not want to be touched. I hope you never have a bad car accident and wake up stiff and unable to move the next day, again feeling like one giant bruise, and exhausted because then you will know what these people feel like.
I have one last thing to add that I didn't say... since when is fibromyalgia so easily treatable or curable?? Please let me know so I can share this information with the friends I have who would like to be cured so they can get back to their "normal" lives.

0 comments: