Thursday, September 3, 2009

Splenda Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

My husband, myself, and even my doggie have sweet tooths. I make these peanut butter cookies, some without the chocolate for the doggie, then add the semisweet chunks to the rest of the batch. One of my extended family's (Mom, Bro, Dad, Aunt, cousins, etc...) favorite cookies is the peanut blossom which is a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss on top. These remind my husband and I of those.

1/4 c vegetable oil
1 cup softened margarine
1 1/2 c splenda sugar substitute
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 c self rising flour
1 c creamy peanut butter (I use no sugar added)
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix margarine, splenda, brown sugar and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until light and creamy, about 1 - 1.5 mins. Add eggs, then mix well. Next add flour and mix again. Add peanut butter and mix one more time. Lastly add chocolate and stir in. Roll cookies into a ball, then flatten each with a fork.
Bake 9-10 mins.
Should make approx 48 cookies.

0 comments: