Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blood Sugar Log

I've been looking all night for a blood sugar log or program, something for my Sprint Samsung Instinct S30. I didn't find anything compatible let alone free. So I got some help with the typing and made one in Excel. Here is a snapshot:

On the side there is plenty of room to write notes about pain levels, exercise, whatever. My plan with this is to keep better track of not only my blood sugar, but how certain foods, meals affect my blood sugar. Plus, I can keep track of my pain levels. For instance, I wrote "drove to grocery store, pain in right hand". Today, and really the past few days I need to make a note about severe, premenstrual sciatic pain. This seems to be getting worse every month. Intense pain from my hip through my lower back, left buttock, down my leg, through my knee joint, through my ankle (which my ankle is seriously messed up on it's own), right down to my toes. Unfortunately I sent the ibuprofen to work with my husband. I have read somethings tonight that are a little concerning, it seems the biggest cause of this is endometriosis, when the sciatica coincides with a menstrual cycle. UGH this means a visit to the chick doctor, blah, lol. I'm a little worried about this bout of sciatica being just 6 days before my vacation. But, my point IS I will have it noted on my spreadsheet, a printable spread sheet that the doctor can see about what I eat, how my blood sugar levels are, and even where my pain levels are and what sets off the pain if anything. OF COURSE my columns are pink, but isn't that to be expected. Further, anything that sets off my blood sugar is highlighted yellow. You can see easily I had chicken breast with white rice, slivered almonds, and a spicy mango sauce (which is out of this world) and my blood sugar was up to around 186. I may try it again, but with brown rice, and a little less of the sauce, maybe some green onions. I love green onions, so did my Grandma. Whenever we went to a restaurant that had a salad bar she had us sneak her a few. I prefer mine cooked in things, most anything. My orzo recipe, stir fry, etc.

P.S. I have an appointment with a new doctor, recommended by my friends, sisters who have lived here in Lakeland all their lives. His name is Dr. Adam Parker. I am hopeful because there is a page on his website about inflammation, and a picture of a swollen foot.
http://www.trinityprimarycare.com/Inflammation.aspx 
Plus, and this may sound weird but he is a little young. The last doctor I saw who was that young was a pitbull. I still love her, she is the one who diagnosed my fibromyalgia, and she is not one to give up until she finds an answer. Her name is Dr. Maria Christina Pantaleon, she has offices in Palm Harbor and Clearwater, and when I move back to that area I will be ringing her number for sure so if you live in that area, check her out. Tell her Michele McNett Kellenbenz still thinks she is the best doctor 12 years later, and I have highly recommended her!

0 comments: