Friday, March 12, 2010

letter to Dr Robert Estupinan March 12, 2010


Dear Dr. Estupinan,
This letter is in regard to the certified letter you sent to me which I received on March 9, 2010 informing me  you will no longer to treat me as your patient, advising me I have thirty days to seek new medical attention, further you will only be available for emergency purposes during those thirty days.   When I read this letter, I immediately phoned your office and spoke with your nurse who explained to me “he does have the right to drop you as a patient if he feels your relationship has crossed the line” and suggested I contact Dr. Cuervo’s office, the neurologist you referred me to, and request a copy of the report he sent to your office.
I cannot begin to express to you my disbelief in what I have heard orally as well as, what I read in the report from Dr. Cuervo to you.  Dr. Estupinan, I have been a patient of yours for almost 2 years.  You have been treating me for my Fibromyalgia, Thyroid, Diabetes and Neuropathy.  You have me on a regular regiment of the following medications; Neurontin, Cymbalta, Vicodin, Synthroid, Metformin, Flexeril, Xanax and Phenegran for all of the above health problems and I do not have a clue as to why you would drop me from your roster. 
I was referred to see Dr. Cuervo for the neuropathy and the continuous joint pains that are getting worse and affecting me where I have lost feelings in both my hand and legs. When I saw Dr. Cuervo, I immediately liked him for the same reason I liked you, he is very direct, however, some of his remarks were insulting and with prejudice.  Without him asking me any questions, he immediately discussed my weight and how I need to have the lap band procedure done and how I eat too much.  I am willing to have the lap band, but I do have to wait until August. Again, he did not ask me what I ate that day, what I ate the night before. I am actually not a big eater, I eat the wrong things, and I understand that.  admitted, which I found incredibly hard to do, I do not know how to lose weight in the hopes he would recommend a nutritionist or dietician. In fact his report stated he advised me to eat a diet of fruits, vegetables, low fat milk…. This is untrue, instead he said to me “Stop eating, no one ever came out of a concentration camp overweight.”  Never in my wildest dreams would I expect such poor professional treatment and lack of professionalism from a doctor to a patient.  People are not just prejudice towards color, and the comments he made about my weight and the concentration camps were so insulting and very much taken to my heart.  Some of my family is Jewish, their relatives were in a concentration camp,  escaped with one of their children and the three other children were killed so yes, this touched home very much and not in a good way at all and I cannot just accept this behavior.
Dr. Cuervo advised me the EMG test I was given at Watson Clinic by Dr. John A. DiLullo showed no neuropathy. I feel like I have been getting the run around and after this new information from Dr. Cuervo I do not understand how I have been diagnosed with neuropathy and been giving medication for neuropathy, first by a pain management doctor; Dr. Pruitt, and confirmed by the neurologist, John A. DiLullo. Aren’t Dr.’s DiLullo and Cuervo reading the same test results and how do they both find different answers and where does your professional opinion come into the picture?  Instead of continuing to work with me on the problem, and knowing I have taken all of Dr Cuervo’s suggestions, I plan to have the carpal tunnel surgery in August. Dr Cuervo advised I was wearing the splints too tight, that’s why they were hurting, so I wear them now looser, and they are fine. He also explained about the morning testing, why it is important, therefore I have been testing every morning, and keeping a log. His assistant asked me about the CPAP and I explained I have problems with my sinuses which the CPAP increases. Dr. Cuervo didn’t mention the CPAP to me, but his assistant said I should speak to you about alternatives, which I planned to do.
Since I have seen you I have shared a lot with you regarding my life and how my physical problems have deteriorated my quality of life.  I always thought we maintained a very good rapport and I can’t begin to tell you how many people I told about you.  I could have really given up, but I didn’t. I am doing everything I can, but I am also limited by insurance at this time.

Respectfully,

Michele Kellenbenz

Cc: CEO - Jack Stephens; CIO - David Henson; President - Scott Swaggert; Board Member - Elisabeth Dupont; Partner - Annette Barnes; VP - Robert Buccino; VP - Robert H. Chapman; Dirctor of Clinical Services - Elaine Bertles; Executive Director - Louis Saco; Medical Director - Helen Mahias – Cherry; Human Resources Manager - Angela Rossiter; Manager of Patient Relations - Shane Turner; Neurolgist - Dr. John DiLullo; Pain Management Dr. - Dr. Michele McPhail – Pruitt; GP - Dr. Robert Estupinan; Neurologist - Dr. Herminio Cuervo

1 comments:

Anonymous March 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

I have been spending almost 4 hours typing a letter to Watson Clinic's Board of Directors, Dr. Estupina (Dr. Stupid, I call him) and the prejudice; Dr. Cuervo who proably got his MD license from some addict on the street; so yes I can guarantee you my friend, Michele that people can not just abuse or insult my intenlligence or your's so with what power I have and that is my voice and words to paper, I am going to make these people wish they never spelled your name correctly on a piece of paper. Drs. all of these egos are worse than a room filled with people who are smoking cigs.; the stench is to die to and I hope anyone who is reading this and knows about a concentraton camp survivor sends a letter to Dr. Cuervo's boss; everyone has a boss and Watson Clinic's; patient's rights office. I am hoping Michele you can post those addresses; email; they all have one. I am so tired of people taking advatnage of those that they think are so weak; if they only knew how strong the people who are ill are, that's why we are all still going. I better calm down now before I need to go to Watson and you know I don't want to go there; This story has become even larger now and I'm sorry it is at the expense of your health, Michele but if it can open someone's eyes and ears, then we did a good thing but come on; I need who ever read this to please just drop a line to Watson's Clinic because that is where Michele's primary doc is; Dr. Robert Estupina Watson Clinic Hang in there sis Nan