Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doctor Plan

Do you think it's possible to treat an initial visit of a new doctor like a business interview? Maybe even use something similar to a business plan?
For instance, using a business plan format. A mission statement or vision statement, and objectives.

Main current concern:


My hands. I’ve had fibromyalgia for 15 years. It was tough, but I smiled and worked through it, sometimes 50 hrs a week, and went to school part-time. The FM is not what keeps me from working, or caused me to stop working, it’s my hands. I used to type 8-10 hours a day. Now I can’t type one page without having sharp pains in my hands. If I press further, I start having electric shock like pains in them. And, not just the right hand where the carpal tunnel is, BOTH hands.

Objectives:

  1. Confirm diagnosis (given the conflicting diagnoses over the SAME EMG test).
  2. What to do about the damage that has already been done. Can it be improved? If yes, how? 
  3. Is there an alternative to a CPAP machine for sleep apnea? I have chronic hayfever, and sinus problems, with moderate dryness. The air, even the CPAP with the humidifier, seriously increases this problem. 
  4. I need someone to teach me how to lose weight. A dietician or a nutritionist someone who can work with me on healthier alternatives, taking into consideration my health problems, and even my likes and dislikes. 
Full list of Symptoms: 

Inflammation hands
Pain in hands: aching, sharp pains (worse after for instance typing one page), next comes electric shock like pains
Pain in toes and feet, aching, rarely sharp
Inflammation in feet
Decreased feeling in hands and feet
Low grade fevers
Rash on scalp, back of head with low grade fever
Sensitivity to touch
General aching over entire body, worst left shoulder, down left arm, hands, feet, left chest
IBS
No BM for 3-4 days
Constant fatigue

0 comments: