Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chicken n Veggie Orzo

I was hungry for a different kind of chicken noodle type soup one day and started fooling around. I didn't come up with a new soup recipe but I did discover this and it is sooooo good, I promise you. My husband who does not care for zucchini or red bell pepper really likes it.

2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium tomato diced (about 3/4 - 1 c)
1 medium zucchini diced (also about 1 c)
1/2 c diced red bell pepper
1/2 c green onions (the green end) chopped
1 c orzo
2 c chicken broth
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp thyme

Cook chicken in olive oil. While that is cooking chop veggies. Remove chicken from pan when cooked. Put orzo, veggies, broth, garlic, and thyme in pan. Set timer for 7 mins. Chop chicken while that is cooking. Add chicken to pan when orzo finished and stir. Enjoy!!

0 comments: