Thursday, June 4, 2009

ahhhh disability applications

I knew this day would come, and frankly I am glad it did the first of June rather than having to wait till September like we thought, but I was denied social security disability benefits. Now, let me give you a little background on me..... I was diagosed many many years with fibromyalgia. I am one of those who was probably born with it. Some people end up with FM after a traumatic experience, or a physical trauma. That's not me. I'm the one who always had these very painful sharp pains, even in my early 20's and the doctors were still telling me they were growing pains, Now come on growing pains in your 20's?? seriously, give me a break. Finally many years later i was diagnosed with the FM. FM is pretty dang painful but a flexeril or an ultram once in a while and I could function 95% of the time. Yes, I missed work once a month or once every few months. But, then a few years ago I started really having problems. I developed diabetes type II. And, I don't know if I am just dense or didn't realize the trouble would I could myself into if I didn't pay attention to my blood sugar. To be honest I just didn't realize. Enter diabetic peripheral neuropathy. You must understand it is not the fibro, I worked with the fibro. I worked 40-50 hours, plus I was heavily involved in extra curricular activities through work and also was working on my masters degree. I didn't really know pain until the neuropathy started. I think it may have started in my feet, I've had some pain and swelling there for a few years but it's hard to tell because my left ankle and my left foot have been sprained in 3 areas for years, and also I have nerve damage in that ankle from a car accident so I may not have realized. I did realize when it started to affect my hands. Between work and online classes I was working 40-50 hrs a week and online classes a couple of hours a night so I was typing 10-12 hours a day. My hands started getting inflammed. Then came the pain. A little aching at first, but mostly incredibly awful pains that felt like electric shock, and also sharp pains.
Right now my hands are way pooped out so more tomorrow. I will have my new computer and be able to use my new Dragon Naturally Speaking program, then I won't have to type anymore.
Tonight.... disability denied, Dragon Naturally speaking, and Allsup disability lawyers.

0 comments: