Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flare

The past week has been quite a flare. My husband got let go of his trucking job last Friday. I applied for unemployment and 2 jobs for him before he even got home. So far this week he has applied for about 70 trucking jobs, yes 70. The good news is he has 2 job interviews tomorrow. The bad news is only 2 job interviews so far out of 70 applications! Jeepers creepers. I have been so freaked out which of course means lots and lots of pain, not sleeping (even with ambien). My hands look like I have been punching the walls because I have been helping him apply for jobs, so too much computer time for me. He hasn't even been a help around here. Within 2 days he had 8 different piles of dirty clothes AND all the stuff from his truck is still in my living room. These things stress me out and the pain is overwhelming. One good thing is I have been in too much pain and too down in the dumps to have too much (for lack of better description) manic episodes. He did get the speakers on my monitor working and my webcam too. But there is so much to think about, not just rent, utilities, but with no insurance that means no doctors, no medication. How am I going to function without my gabapentin? The electric shock pains will be back, the sharp pains will be worse, and so will the overall pain. Plus, I have to take my synthroid, I have no thyroid, and I have to take my metformin, how am I supposed to get those? Oh and the cymbalta, u can't just go off that.
I am looking forward to going to my Aunt's on Sunday for a Father's Day bbq. Being with my family should lift my spirits a little, I hate Father's Day as I lost my Dad a few years ago.
I have been so much better with my diabetes. My friend, Ronnee, helped me get a new meter so I am checking my blood sugar a few times a day and staying away from the sweets. (thank you Ronnee!!!!!! love u girl!!!)
Oh, the cymbalta is much better since I started taking it at night and so the irrational irritability is soooo much better.
No news from Allsup on this front, just more paperwork to fill out.

0 comments: