Monday, June 28, 2010

Good to be home

I have to tell you it's good to be home. You see in March of 2008 we moved to Lakeland so I could be closer to my work. Well, to the main location (aka Disney World), MANY more job opportunities there than at the satellite location I was working at. I had been having problems with my hands for months, increasingly so, but I had every plan on getting a diagnosis, fixing the problem and continuing on with my career. By the end of May I would walk into work, be there about 15 minutes and the excruciating pains in my hands would start, so I went out on medical leave. Assuming still I would get a diagnosis, and get back to work. November of that year I was diagnosed with the neuropathy and found out I would not be able to return to work any time soon so I let Disney know right away. But now we were stuck an hour from our home, friends, and families. My husband had a job there and I was working with doctors I thought could help. They didn't.
So this year, shortly after I was dropped by my doctor, an apartment came available in the duplex next door to my cousin. I have to tell you there were times in my life we were so close. I've told you about her before. We were close as teenagers, then when I moved back from Ft. Lauderdale I lived with her and her family, so we were close then also. But life happens and we grew apart. She's lived here, in the duplex, for 10 years. In fact, 5 of my Aunt's 7 children have lived in these duplexes at one time or another.
My husband and I had been considering moving back when our lease was up in March, but we decided to opt out and move back right away so we could take advantage of the duplex being available, and so I wouldn't have to start with a new set of doctor's in Lakeland, then move in a few months and start all over yet again.
Of course, this has caused some serious financial hardship. Money is always tight without me working. But, this is something else.
I am more active here, spending time with friends and family which is wonderful. Unfortunately, between the financial stress and being more active I have been in a severe flare for about 2 weeks. Exhausted, and hurting.I only will take my vicodin for break through pain, not everyday stiffness, but I feel like I have been taking more than normal. I'm not talking 4 or 5  a day, more like a whole one at a time and taking like 2 a day. This is a lot for me. The other day I took a second one about an hour after the first one, man was my head stoned, but I got rid of the pain, for about an hour.
Shoot, this was supposed to be a happy post... MY POINT WAS.... I'M DAMN HAPPY TO BE HOME IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING!!!!!

0 comments: