Monday, September 7, 2009

Green beans & grape tomatoes

This delicious recipe was given to me by a friend I met through facebook. I met her simply because I executed a search on my own name (maiden name) and believe it or not I found several people all with my same name. So this recipe is from my friend, another Michelle McNett. (try searching your own name and see how many others you can find, it's fun).

1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
 
Directions:


Cook beans in boiling salted water for 8 min. Drain & plunge into ice water. (The ice water stops the cooking process) Drain & set aside. Add butter & beans to skillet over medium heat. Saute until tender. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt & pepper. Stir together & cook for a few more minutes. Serve.
 
***this recipe is so easy my husband actually made it for me, and it was terrific!

0 comments: