Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sometimes it does suck

I have to be honest and tell you that sometimes this really does suck. The last couple of days have been pretty rough. Saturday I wasn't feeling great I wanted to get things done around the house and help my friend hang a couple of pictures.  I did extra chores and I helped her. That night I was in immense pain, nauseous, and exhausted. Also, whenever I overdo it my scalp breaks out in a very itchy rash. Sunday wasn't any better. Plus my neck has been incredibly stiff. I haven't been able to turn it in a week and a half. Today, I received my Unkers pain relief in the mail. (Thank you to my best friend Debbie) My husband dutifully spread it on my shoulders and neck. About 20 minutes later I could turn my head. But, about an hour later my right hand blew up. By blew up I mean my knuckles and fingers became swollen and extremely painful. I think I started crying because it felt like I had traded one pain for another worse one. As if my body said "oh no you don't". Unfortunately, my Unkers helps my muscles but not with the neuropathy.
You may be wondering if my hands are so bad why am I typing? To be honest, I'm not. I'm dictating. I have Dragon naturally speaking voice recognition software. I really like it. I can type e-mails, obvioalways can type my blog, I can even instant message. I am having a hard time with editing. The program takes a while to learn your voice. But I will figure it out eventually as with all things. That's it for now. I know it's not my usual post. But, I felt like I should be honest especially during this invisible illness awareness week. And, I'm not telling you this to feel bad for me. But, I do want you to to aware. After all. That's what this week is about. Today, I'll do something I really hate to do, I'll ask for help. I'll ask him my neighbor, friend, and sister I always wanted to come over do the dishes, unload the dishwasher and refill it, wash my hair, and help me make something to eat.

0 comments: