Thursday, September 17, 2009

Short-term Memory Tips n Tricks

Find yourself a little lacking in short-term memory? Me too! Here are some tricks I use…

  1. I have a small calendar on my desk (aka coffee table). I remember to take my night meds always, I don’t sleep if I don’t. However, I have to take my thyroid medicine every morning. I don’t ever remember if I took it, so I end up either not taking it or taking 2 or 3 in a day. So I write it down. I also write down that I brushed my teeth and showered.
  2. List, lists, and more lists. I have post it notes. And post it notes for my post it notes. Last night I ran out of room on my computer monitor, so I just stuck them to myself!
  3. Use the memo pad in your phone or PDA. I love this for my grocery list. I also use it to keep track of songs I want to download.
  4. Set an alarm. I do remember to take my night meds, when I remember is the problem. Sometimes it’s 11 pm, sometimes it’s 4 am. So, I set an alarm to remind me every night to take my medication at 11 pm.
  5. My friend Ronnee says she tries to keep a routine that way she is less likely to forget.
  6. If all else fails, Tell your spouse, or your best friend, they will certainly remind you.

0 comments: